- Category: Fun Shops
- Published: Tue. Sep 15, 2020
Welcome Back fellow artists to our Fun shops. It has been since February when we all gathered last for a workshop and some changes have been made in our procedures:
- The church would like us to limit our tables to only 3 people to maintain social distancing.
- Only twenty artists will be allowed to attend our Fun Shop, due to COVID. I will be taking your RSVP to attend, so we do not go over the limited number of participants.
- Because of this required limited number, we will not be able to accommodate any non-member guests to this workshop. This number may be adjusted at a later date.
- You will be allowed to bring in your own drink, however the church is NOT allowing any food to be brought in.....so we will not have any treats.
- Any supplies you bring in cannot be shared with anyone else.
- Wearing a mask is mandated.
You will need to RSVP for the workshop by sending me an email.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lutheran Church of the Master - 2617 South 114th Street - Omaha, NE
Members - $4.00 Please bring your own drink. No Food due to COVID
Painting Houses with Watercolor Instructor: Judy Freeman
Judy is a retired kindergarten teacher in the Westside School district. She graduated from Kansas University. She started out wanting an elementary degree with an art minor. However, KU's association with Hallmark did not allow a minor in art, so she put her art away until she retired. She joined Omaha Artists about 10 years ago with her dear teacher cohorts and they have attended several classes from instructors at Hot Shops and several classes offered at Hobby Lobby. Judy has also served as our organization's secretary.
Judy will show us tips on how to paint a favorite childhood home or lake cabin or a unique house in a small town, without any architectural design skills needed.
Materials to bring:
- One sheet of 10x14 watercolor paper
- One sheet of tracing paper
- Sharpened pencil
- Watercolor or acrylic paint supplies
- Brushes, container for water
Looking forward to seeing you there!!