Next Virtual Art Show "Shadows"
- Category: Art Show News
- Published: Fri. Apr 16, 2021
May 1 - 31, 2021
Judge – Deborah Murphy
- April 1-15 – submit artwork online. A link will be made available on the Spring Virtual Art Show information page April 1. April 15 will be the last day you can upload your artwork.
- May 1 – show begins. It will be available online until the end of the day May 31st.
- May 8 – Awards presentation via Zoom at 2:00 with Deborah Murphy, the judge for the show. A Zoom invitation will be sent to all OAI members.
- Awards will be posted online by Tuesday, May 4 Member’s Choice Award with Gift Certificate – awarded on June 1
Steve Reese is once again offering to photograph up to three pieces of art for $29. He is taking appointments for April 1 – 10. Steve's phone number is 402-212-5404. You must be registered for the show before making an appointment. Of course, you can photograph and submit your own artwork if this is something you are comfortable doing yourself.
Judges Bio: Deborah Murphy
Deborah J. Murphy has shown extensively around the midwest where her work has received several awards and has been collected both publicly and privately. She is the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship in Painting as well as a Distinguished Alumni Grant from the Nebraska Arts Council. She has completed major commissions, the latest for Farm Credit Services, Omaha, 2020.
Her work has been selected for the United States Department of State “Art in Embassies Program”, first in Tirana, Albania and now currently in Hanoi, Vietnam. She’s a retired art department adjunct, Metropolitan Community College and maintains a studio in Omaha.