POSTPONED - Fun Shop: All the Same (materials), All Different (results) with Peg Watkins
- Category: Fun Shops
- Published: Sat. Mar 7, 2020
The March 18th Fun Shop with Peg Watkins has been postponed.
Lutheran Church of the Master
2617 South 114th Street - Omaha, NE
Members $4 / Non-Members $5 – Invite a friend to join in the fun!
Bring a snack to share – coffee/water is proviided.
Title: “ALL THE SAME (materials) ALL DIFFERENT (results)”
Instructor: Margaret (Peg) Watkins
By using the same colors and supplies letʼs see what this creative group can develop. Lesson will be based on abstract painting with an emphasis on color, line and texture. So leave your landscape, portrait and floral brains at home!
Every Painting Begins With a Great Abstract .... Bob Burridge
Supplies to Bring:
- 4-5 painting surfaces at least 8”x8”. TO DO BEFORE CLASS: Gesso each piece with a base coat on the painting surfaces; let dry. Then paint each piece with one of the colors allowed (purple, red, lime, white or black). Each piece can be the same or a different color.
- 1” paint brush: NO OTHER BRUSHES (howʼs that for messing with your comfort level)
- 1” flat end putty knife (bent handle is best, but any kind will work)
- 1 additional palette knife or popsicle sticks for mixing paint
- Brayers: 1 soft, 1 harder
- Squeegee: (old plastic gift/credit card works)
- Thin kitchen sponge (4”x5”) cut in half, NOT ones with a scratchy side
- Heavy/soft paper towels (I prefer the blue workshop ones)
- Two medium sized water bowls
- Something to mix paint on
- Hair dryer to help dry paint between layers
*Acrylic Paints to Bring: NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED
- lime green
About Peg Watkins
Peg Watkins holds undergraduate degrees in Fine Arts (thesis work in ceramics) and K-12 Education. She also earned a Masters Degree in Management. She has taught all areas of art in a school setting, as well as a recreational setting and worked for the Omaha Parks & Recreation Department for 27 years before retiring in 2007 to devote her efforts to her art.