Wednesday, February 20th, 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Rescheduled for Wednesday, March 20th, 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Lutheran Church of the Master, 2716 So. 114th Street
Members - $4.00 /non-members - $5.00
Please join us February 20th for a fun-filled workshop with instructor and former OAI President Linda Bernett in "Gourdin' Around." Linda will share her techniques and expertise in embellishing gourds. We will all work the same project going step-by-step, although each one will be unique.
Linda will have dried, (mostly) cleaned gourds and cut into a pot/bowl and will be available to purchase, priced from $3.00 to $6.00 depending on the size and quality of the gourd. If you have your own dried gourds, please feel free to bring it/them. Linda will bring a lot of freebies such as "inspiritional gourds," and embellishments and will share supplies.
If anyone has any questions as to where to get gourds or alcohol ink (listed below in supply list), you may contact Linda and she will be happy to explain.
Bring snacks to share.
- 1 cured (dried) gourd – with the waxy skin scrubbed off
- Black acrylic and a metallic acrylic paint (craft paint is fine)
- 1 Alcohol ink (Andirondack or Pinata brand) Red, Green or Blue:
- If using Red or Green alcohol ink, bring Gold metallic paint
- if using Blue, then bring Silver.
- 91% Isopropyl Alcohol Felt pad or foam brush
- 1/2 inch long-handle scruffy brush - don't bring your best
- Water container
- Latex gloves
- Baby wipes or paper towels
- White glue such as Elmers, E6000, Super Glue or comparable
- Sandpaper Pad of newspaper
- Optional: Any embellishments, such as gold leaf, found items, paper, beads, shells, feathers, leather, wire, etc.