Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - Plein Air Painting 10:00 am - 1:00pm
Bring a sack lunch & beverage – $4 Members/$5 Non-Members
Location: Home of Sharon Clawson - 8112 Pawnee Road - Omaha, NE.
Barbara Egr was awarded the 2018 Omaha Artists Inc Memorial Scholarship. She attended the Tim Horn See the Light Oil Painting Workshop last June in Cincinnati, OH. The focus of this workshop was value, composition and color. Barbara will be sharing the experience of plein air painting. She learned plein air painting with oil but, this Fun Shop is open for all artists and your choice of medium for this class.
Depending on your choice, ie watercolor, acrylic, pastels or oil, come prepared with containers of water, solvent, containers and bags for your own clean up detail.
Any questions, please contact Barbara Egr 402-686-0521.
We will meet at the Lutheran Church of the Master parking lot, at 114th and Center at 9:15 am and car pool, caravan, or GPS driving on your own to Sharon Clawson’s address. See directions at the end of this article.
- Small sketchbook, soft pencil/eraser
- 1 black Sharpie
- View Finder (black card with 3 ¼ x 4 inch
- Canvas Panels (8x10-9x12), watercolor paper–whatever your medium requires. If need to gesso or treat, please do so prior.
- Oil painters: bring 6x9 canvas boards (2-4) toned with a peach color of gesso and acrylic.
- Solvent-free gel by Gamblin.
- Brushes of your choice
- Paper Towels
- Colors Suggested: Your own palette of colors or a limited palette are acceptable, or can add Alizarin Crimson permanent, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow Medium (Warm like a school bus), Cadmium Yellow Light (Cool like a lemon), Sap Green, Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White
- 72nd Street Exit off I-680
- Turn north onto 72nd Street and go about 3 miles where you will cross over Highway 36 (also called McKinley Road)
- Continue north past the Landing Gas Station and the North Omaha Airport for 1.3 miles
- Turn left onto Omaha Trace (you can only turn left) and go another ½ mile to the T-Intersection
- Turn left onto the gravel road (Pawnee Road) and follow it around the curve to the mail-box at the top of the hill – pull in and park (8112 Pawnee Road, 402-672-7536, Sharon Clawson).
- Those who have difficulty walking, pull up to garage.
*Do not take Pawnee Road off 72nd Street as it does not go through. The street sign for Omaha Trace is sometimes hard to see, but it is coming up when you are driving along the white fencing along the right side of 72nd.