The judged, virtual show will be exhibited on our website May 1. The show will have awarded prizes The winners will be announced online May 8. Prize money and appropriate ribbons will be mailed to the winners.
The theme for this show is "Shadows".
We hope many of our artists will try this new way to show their art! Keep on painting and creating and someday we will have “in-person” shows again!!!!
Here’s how it will work:
Prior to judging, all entries will appear on the website with the entry title and number only. Once the judge has made award selections, the entries will be updated to display the artist’s name with the title, medium, size, and price. There will also be a link to a form for interested buyers to contact the artist. You are responsible for working out the details of the sale.
Registration Fee – Due March 31:
The registration fee is $15 for up to three entries. You have two options for paying the fee.
Option 1: Send a Check
Send a check for your $15 registration to:
Jo Anne Nielsen
7335 Shadow Lake Plz., #312
Papillion, NE 68046
The envelope containing your registration fee must be postmarked by May 31 at the latest to assure you a spot in the show!
Option 2: Pay Online
You can pay online via PayPal. There is a $0.75 fee. You do not need a PayPal account.
Entries – Due April 15:
The entries for this virtual show need to be submitted as digital photo files formatted as JPEG (JPG) or PNG.
All image files need to be to Susan Stevens, OAI web administrator, by April 15 to be eligible. See detailed information on the image files following the options for photographing your own entries.
You have options for getting digital photos of your entries for the show!
Option 1: You can have your entries photographed by a professional for $29!
Steve Reese, Sherry’s husband, is a professional photographer. He has agreed to take digital photos of up to three entries and the artwork tags that can be printed using the green Print your Virtual Art Show tags button below for $29. Better yet, he will take care of sending the image files to be added to the website!
The $29 is separate from your registration fee of $15. Your registration fee needs to be sent to Jo Anne Nielsen by May 31 to be eligible to join the show.
Contact Steve Reese directly on his cell phone to make an appointment at 402-212-5404. You will leave your artwork with him to be photographed and he will let you know when it is ready to be picked up. He will have a list of members who have paid the entry fee. If your name is not on the list, Steve will ask you to contact Jo Anne Nielsen, Omaha Artists Inc. treasurer, before you can make an appointment.
Appointments are available on the following days.
Tuesday, January 5th, 10 am – 12 noon, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Monday, January 11th, 11 am – 2 pm
Tuesday, January 12th, 11 am – 2 pm
Mervin Reese Photography is located at:
9802 Nicholas St.
Omaha, NE 68114
Things to note about this option:
- There is a size limit of 36" x 36" for this option only.
- Steve recommends you bring your artwork in unframed to be photographed. This will provide the best photo possible by eliminating shadows, reflections and glare from the framing.
Artwork tags must be attached to the back of each entry. Click on the green button below to print your artwork tags.
Option 2: You can photograph your own entries.
Unless you are familiar with your camera settings, it is strongly recommended you take advantage of the option to have your entries photographed for you!
Digital file specifications:
- The files need to be in the JPEG (JPG) or PNG format.
- The image resolution should be a minimum of 2400 pixels on the longest side (width if it is horizontal or height if it is vertical) with the artwork filling the frame. Set your camera image quality to the High Quality JPEG setting.
- Include the title of the entry in the file name.
- Use a dash (-) instead of spaces in the file name.
The title of your painting is 'Modern Mona Lisa.'
The name of the digital image file will be 'Modern-Mona-Lisa.jpg'
The linked page below outlines steps for photographing your artwork if you are unfamiliar with the process: https://dgillart.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/photographing-artwork/
Things to note about this option:
- There is no size limit for this option.
- Your artwork does not have to be framed.
- If your artwork is framed, remove the glass if possible. This will avoid reflections and/or glare in the photo. Please do not shoot at an angle to avoid either! It distorts the image and is very difficult to correct!
- You are responsible for sending the image files using the Send Virtual Art Show Entries orange button below.
- You will need to enter the following information: your name, the artwork title, medium used, size (including the frame) and price for each entry.