Lauritzen Botanical Gardens, 100 Bancroft Street
Registration: Wednesday, June 6, 11 -1
Reception: Sunday, June 10, 2 -4
Take Down: Tuesday, July 24, 11 -1
Please refer to your roster for all of the art show requirements. Four often overlooked errors for artists are:
A wire hanger on the back of your 2-dimensional art piece. A non framed canvas, the edges must be painted with no staples showing. The artwork must have never been entered in any of our previous shows, and been created within the last 2 years.
Please do not pick up artwork before the take down date. Contact me for special arrangements. However the show looks best as a cohesive unit with no open spaces.
Your art work must have some plant life in it, since this show is for the botanical gardens. There is a $15 entry fee for up to 3 entries, depending on size. Lauritzen will take a 25% commission on anything that sells, so price accordingly.
Size restrictions are, measuring from the outside of the frame:
- You may enter 3 pieces if each piece is 11x14 or smaller
- You may enter 2 pieces if one is larger than 11x14 and less than 30x30
- You can only enter 1 piece if it is larger than 30x30, with the maximum allowed of 40x40.
- 3- dimensional pieces do not have size restrictions, but please call me if you need a pedestal. Some are available, but we need to make sure Lauritzen has enough.
Please fill out a registration form for each piece you want to enter. You can print them from this newsletter, and we will have extras for people who don’t have any forms.
- Fall Art Show – Oct., 2018 At Fremont’s Gallery 92 No theme, same size requirements. They take 30% commission.
- Winter Art Show – Feb., 2019 at Jewish Community Center
- Spring Art Show - May 2019 At Hot Shops Art Center, theme to be announced.