Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:00 am
Lutheran Church of the Master
2617 South 114th Street
Cost $4 Members /$5 Non-Members
Bring snacks to share! Coffee is provided.
This month’s workshop is given by a lifelong artist, Sara Wamsat, Sara graduated from MW Missouri State with a BFA and has been a member of Omaha Artists Inc. since 1993. She has a studio at the Hot Shops, serves as the Secretary of ANAC...has held several offices on the board of OAI including President! She is presenting “Short Cuts & Cut Ups, Backgrounds, Starts and Finishes to Old Pieces and Abstracted Starts for New Ones”!
Please bring work of your own—something you are tired of looking at and wanting to re-do. This class will include exercises in seeing things differently using Free materials and media you already have.
- Heavy Stock Magazines-advertising catalogs-junk mail
- Small Mat or illustration boards cut under 8x10, 2-3 of them.
- Larger Sub-straight:: old watercolor paper, old acrylics on stretched canvas or boards to use as a base-gessoed or partially gessoed (the part you don’t like!)
- Tape: Scotch-masking-painter’s tape...whatever you have on hand.
- Paper Glue: Mat Medium, Elmer’s glue, whatever you have on hand...NOTE: YES is a brand name of paper glue that is rather pricey but, one you will truly appreciate.
- Regular paint brushes and a 2 inch cheap chip brush (hardware Store) for gluing
- Paint: Acrylic, Watercolor, Craft...whatever you have on hand
- Basic Supplies: ie scissors, razor blade, pencils, erasers, paper towels, etc.
- Observation and Detective Skills.