September Fun Shop: Chalk It Up to Pastel
- Category: Fun Shops
We are kicking off our Fun Shop Series with a presentation by a Past President of Lincoln Artists Guild, the Association of Nebraska Art Clubs and Nebraska Mothers Association (2010 Nebraska Mother of the Year, National Merit Mother), - Chalk and Watercolor Artist Julie Lemons – Chalk it up to Pastel!
Lutheran Church of the Master
2617 South 114th Street, (114th and Center)
(South rear bottom door)
Wednesday, September 21, 2016—9:00 am to noon
Cost: $4.00 MEMBERS/$5.00 NON-MEMBERS
Bring snacks to share — coffee provided!
Julie’s pastel and watercolor has been exhibited at the NE Governor’s Residence and not only across the state but, countries such as Argentina, Germany and the West Indies! She has published a book: ‘Naturally Wild: How to Paint Animals Using Pastels’” and has illustrated 2 other books! Julie will share technique of creating texture, light and layering.
Supplies needed for class:
Start with a smile and an idea of something you want to create!
- Photograph of landscape (or something you wish to create)
- Soft Pastels* Pastel Pencils (helpful for sketching beginning piece and final details)
- Soft Paintbrushes (preferably 1/4 inch and/or suede board (preferably 9 x 12)—2 sheets**
- Rags, Paper Towels or Moist Wipes
- Kneaded Eraser
- Unscented Hair Spray or Workable Fixative
- Mask (if you feel you need)
- Non-latex type gloves
- Cotton Balls
* a set of 24 or more—can purchase half sticks. Several brands of chalk pastels to choose from. Julie will have some suede board for purchase should you wish. $5 for 16x20 sheet in blue, black or white.